1 cup stoneground grits
4 cups of chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup butter
1 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup of cream cheese
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of white wine
1/4 cup of seafood stock
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, left whole if small and roughly chopped if medium or large
1/2 lb Turkey Kielbasa sausage, chopped into tiny pieces
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts
1 large garlic clove, minced
1. To make the grits, bring 4 cups chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add the grits and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well with a whisk continuously. Lower the heat setting and cook the grits until all the water is absorbed, about 10 -15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and cheeses. Keep covered until ready to serve. Grits should creamy.
3. Clean the shrimp and pat dry.
4. Fry the Turkey Kielbasa sausage in a large skillet until browned and crisp, then drain on a paper towel.
5. Add the garlic and seafood stock to the pan and bring to a simmer.
6. Add your white wine and lemon juice and simmer. Lastly slowly add your heavy cream and whisk continuously. This will thicken the sauce. You want to reduce the sauce to a thicker consistency.
7. Add your shrimp and cover. Do not overcook.
8. Lastly add your parsley and green onions.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat.
10. Pour the grits into a serving bowl. Pour the shrimp mixture over the grits. Garnish with the crispy sausage and w/ additional green onion and parsley.