. 1 cup bulgur wheat
• 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
. 1 red fresh pepper
• 1 pound ground lean (7% fat or less) beef or lamb
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 cup fresh basin herb (chopped)
• About 1 teaspoon salt $
1. Place bulgur wheat in a bowl, let it wet for about 45 minutes.Then strain very well ,pressing with your hands to take all water out..!!
2. In a food processor, finely chop the onions. Add beef, fresh red pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt and the half teaspoon pepper. Whirl until mixture is a smooth paste.
3. Add bulgur and ¼ cup fresh chopped basin herb; whirl just to mix
4. Pat meat mixture evenly into a shallow 1- to 1 1/2-quart casserole (the ca. Cut through meat mixture to make diamonds 2 to 3 inches wide.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 425° oven until meat is no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 25 minutes.
6. To serve, cut diamonds apart and accompany with salads, mashed potatoes, etc..